NYS TESOL Webinars
All are welcome to participate in our webinars!
- All webinars are listed in Eastern time (NYC time zone)
- Pre-registration is required, no later than 1 hour prior to the start of the session.
- 30 minutes before the session begins, you will receive an email with a join link. Please do not share this link on any social media platforms to preserve the integrity of the sessions.
- Members will be prioritized when the session reaches capacity
- Only members can apply for CTLE. Follow this link to apply for CTLE. Join now for these benefits!
- To register for any upcoming webinars, click here: https://bit.ly/nystesolwebinar.
Dr. Jasmin Bey Cowin presents “Tips and Resources on Teaching Math Online to English Learners” on 8/20/2020 at 2 pm
Explore different online tools such as Desmos Activities .
Key Math vocabulary for ELLs in Preproduction, Early Production, Speech Emergence, (Krashen & Terrell, 1983).
• Number words, including cardinal (three) and ordinal (third) form
• Words related to basic mathematical operations:
• Addition, add, sum, plus
• Subtraction, subtract, difference, minus
• Multiplication, multiply, product, times
• Division, divide, quotient