NYS TESOL Webinars
All are welcome to participate in our webinars!
- All webinars are listed in Eastern time (NYC time zone)
- Pre-registration is required, no later than 1 hour prior to the start of the session.
- 30 minutes before the session begins, you will receive an email with a join link. Please do not share this link on any social media platforms to preserve the integrity of the sessions.
- Members will be prioritized when the session reaches capacity
- Only members can apply for CTLE. Follow this link to apply for CTLE. Join now for these benefits!
- To register for any upcoming webinars, click here: https://bit.ly/nystesolwebinar.
Dr. Jasmin Bey Cowin presents “Tips and Resources on Teaching Math Online to English Learners” on 8/20/2020 at 2 pm
Explore different online tools such as Desmos Activities .
Key Math vocabulary for ELLs in Preproduction, Early Production, Speech Emergence, (Krashen & Terrell, 1983).
• Number words, including cardinal (three) and ordinal (third) form
• Words related to basic mathematical operations:
• Addition, add, sum, plus
• Subtraction, subtract, difference, minus
• Multiplication, multiply, product, times
• Division, divide, quotient
Education is our passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs only to the people who prepare for it today,” determined Malcolm X at the O.A.A.U.’s [Organization of Afro-American Unity] founding forum at the Audubon Ballroom. (June 28, 1964). (X, n.d.)
Dr. Jasmin Bey Cowin a Fulbright Scholar, SIT Graduate, completed the Education Policy Fellowship Program (EPFP™) at Columbia University, Teachers College. Dr. Cowin served as the President of the Rotary Club of New York and Assistant Governor for New York State; long-term Chair of the Rotary United Nations International Breakfast meetings; and works as an Assistant Professor at Touro College, Graduate School of Education. Dr. Cowin has over twenty-five years of experience as an educator, tech innovator, entrepreneur, and institutional leader with a focus on equity and access to digital literacy and education in the Sub-Saharan Africa region. Her extensive background in education, administration, not-for-profit leadership, entrepreneurial spirit, and technology innovation provide her with unique skills and vertical networks locally and globally.
Dr. Cowin participates fully in the larger world of TESOL academic discipline as elected Vice President and Chair-Elect for the New York State, NYS TESOL organization, for the 2021 conference.
Ongoing research, expressed in scholarly contributions to the advancement of knowledge is demonstrated through publications, presentations, and participation in academic conferences, blogging, and other scholarly activities, including public performances and exhibitions at conferences and workshops. Of particular interest to her are The Blockchain of Things and its implications for Higher Education; Current Global Trends in TESOL; Developing Materials and Resources in Teaching English; E-learning; Micro and Macro-Methodologies in TESOL; E-Resources Discovery and Analysis; and Language Acquisition and the Oculus Rift in VR.
View all posts by drcowinj