PeopleMovers® August 2017- present
Chief Marketing Officer
- Conceived, planned, created and implemented a “third platform pillar” next to Facebook (social networking), LinkedIn (business and resumes) for community organizations featuring advanced digital tools for organizations to engage and mobilize their stakeholders, and connect resources.
- Created platform pathways to communicate information, collaborate on initiatives, integrate technology and build relationships thereby leveraging community strengths and advancing institutional missions.
- Cultivated and brought high-net-worth individuals, venture capital and private equity firms to CEO for a capital fundraising campaign.
- Developed a grassroots marketing strategy which generated more international and national community organization sign-ups to the PeopleMovers® platform.
- Nurtured the following networks through client relationship management: The Technology Network, Women’s Network, Men’s Network, Peace Network, Smart Cities Network, Connect Michigan Now, Connect New York, Connect India, and the Education Network.
- Experience in branding, marketing and efficiency, product management, media outreach, publications and development of sponsor presentations with sponsor meetings by collaborating on all written materials such as sponsor presentations, open mike/Start-Up pitches, and tech accelerator events.
- Experienced in Semantic Search and Semantic Marketing strategy through identifying keywords in queries and indexing how data is related to relevant taxonomy and ontology driving up website traffic and brand recognition.
Governance and operational leadership
- Used Lean Startup principles as part of the primary leadership team. Meshed customer and product development to grow relationships and develop research under the principles of “build, measure, learn”.
- Contributing member of the Board and leadership team with a personal focus on nurturing a collaborative mindset and long-term business strategies.
PeopleMovers® September 2016 – August 2017
Lead Educational and Content Designer
Educational and information technology
- Implemented a vision of streamlined user experience from inception to completion.
- Developed compelling textual and visual solutions across a variety of formats and digital platforms (e.g., print, e-books, mobile, and Web) for online learning resulting in a compelling user experience.
- Combined expertise in technology and instructional design to create objective-driven, contextually-rich, online content that focused on real-world problems such as Emergency and Disaster Management.
- Led and managed a full stack design team from concept to implementation, tracking time and tasks in a detailed, complex project management system while hitting performance targets.
- Created a proto app for Disaster and Emergency Management.
The Rotary Club of New York, Host Club#6 June 2017- June 2018
Transformational leadership, financial stewardship, and membership experience
- Public face of RCNY, speaking for the Board of Directors, trustees, club members, aligned community organizations and NGO’s.
- Rebuild RCNY’s board for innovation, diversity and collective literacy and achieved the goal of a marketplace of ideas.
- Created personal identification of members towards the organization, calibrated diversity and provided anonymous feedback channels resulting in robust member base growth of 30% since September.
- Cultivated strategic partnerships with other not-for-profit organizations creating entry to donor organizations such as the Kellogg Foundation.
- Maintain all official records and financial documents and ensure compliance not only with federal, state and local 501C3 regulations but also with Rotary International charter regulatory rules.
- Implemented new budgetary oversight procedures through a new report format which lists all anticipated resources and planned uses for the resources ensuring that planned uses are supported by identifiable resources.
- Vetted all Mutual Letters of Understanding to close-out unproductive relationships and create institutional space for new collaborate alignments.
- Put into place robust succession plan by identifying and recruiting internal leadership candidates to secure continued RCNY success.
- Responsible for cultivating, securing and directing speakers for the International Breakfast Lecture series at the United Nations with a focus on the following topics: Social Justice, Diversity, Inequality, Immigration, Multilingualism, Digital Initiatives, and Urban Studies.
- Leadership role in shaping and directing the club’s programs and international strategic alliances such as generating Mutual Letters of Understanding with NGO’s, community organizations, prominent sister clubs overseas and the United Nations.
- Serve as the US Ambassador of the Hepatitis Zero Campaign, a worldwide Rotary campaign dedicated to the eradication of hepatitis, thereby elevating the RCNY profile and public exposure.
- Implemented Hurricane relief events for Houston, Florida, and Puerto Rico as “Service above Self” projects after membership collaboration and vote.
Financial acumen and stewardship
- Pioneered ‘passive income’ stream for the RCNY such as the ‘Life Now’ Hotel with Rotarians receiving a 10% discount and RCNY receiving a 10% commission for each booking.
- Conceived and implemented a worldwide project called # RotaryWalks for increased visibility and enabling RCNY sponsorships.
The Rotary Club of New York, Host Club#6 June 2016 – June 2017
- Framed my leadership vision and aligned it with Rotary International’s core values of Integrity, Innovation, Empowerment, Service, Diversity and Transformational Leadership.
- Instituted informal round-tables throughout the year with former RCNY Presidents with a focus on club membership, member experiences (what was successful, what failed), leadership presence and leadership presentation (collaborative vs. authoritative processes), and hindsight analysis of failed projects to fold their collective experiences into my presidential planning and preparation process.
- Conceived presidential motto: Cooperation + Collaboration = Transformation
Young Global Leadership Foundation January 2011- December 2014
Executive Director of Global Education
Transformational leadership, entrepreneurship, and organizational governance
- Collaborated and implemented strategic planning for a start-up, non-profit organization creating an experientially-based educational program to train emergent young global leaders together with a UN Ambassador.
- Co-wrote the foundation charter incorporating New York State not-for-profit rules and ensuring compliance with complex IRS regulations.
- Served as founding member and Ambassador of the German charter functioning as a bridge between the US and German leadership visions.
- Represented foundation to the board of directors presenting data and precision analytics.
- Helped create the message and branding concept from inception to delivery including all written materials, website, and logo creation including the motto: Learn from the Past ~ Live in the Present ~ Look to the Future.
- Raised $100.000 from private donors to finance initial startup.
Commitment to student experience
- Designed, refined and budgeted colloquiums and recruited 300+ international students to attend the Inaugural Colloquium in New York City in conjunction with a UN training session.
- Conceived, designed and delivered the Foundation’s College Preparedness Program – CAP for International students preparing for US college admission.
- Created all curriculum and programmatic materials while embracing John Dewey’s assertion that students’ experiences will be individualized based on past experiences and not all students will take away the same outlook on the concept.
- Guided students with academic, young professional and civic engagement advice, including UN opportunities by arranging for mentees to attend UN events; the CSW, UN NGO events, e.g., the IPI series; and internships with UN NGOs, e.g., CCC-UN.
Innovative Community Enterprises 1994 – 1998Director of Education
Operations management and grants management
- Successfully negotiated Vendor status for the New York City Board of Education
- Developed, coordinated and implemented purposed-centered education programs in public and private schools to achieve optimal outcomes for students’ personal and educational growth.
- Pioneered the following programs: Oral History projects for underserved youth in conjunction with senior centers in New York, Literacy through Arts, the D.A.R.E. drug education programs, Multicultural Music, Conflict Resolution Peer Mentoring and Science through the Arts in 15 school districts to more than 4000 students creating a revenue stream of more than $300.000 per year.
- Supervised and trained 14 facilitators to teach custom developed, experientially based curricula focused on literacy, science and the arts.
- Applied analysis, evaluation and creativity in experiential learning to promote transformational intellectual student success.
- Cultivated program directors and principals at school districts for educational sales initiatives.
- Managed all reports and program assessment, data collection, detailed program reports, newsletters and special events for participating schools and school districts.
New York Department of Aging, NY 1994 – 1998
- Operations and grant management
- Wrote and received grant from the Department of Aging with a budget of $250 k spanning a 4-year period.
- Conceived, developed and administered a multi-year award-winning program “Building Bridges”, an experientially-based program linking at-risk youth with senior centers and nursing homes.
- Arranged for program sites, participating schools and implemented strategic plan linking three nursing homes and senior programs with more than 200 at-risk youth.
Education First January 2013 – June 2017
University Preparation Facilitator
- Responsible for identifying and pioneering innovative courses to recruit and retain a larger student body for the University Preparation program such as integrated e-portfolios, civic engagement, and writing-enhanced components while leveraging technology for a variety of student success initiatives including an online academic alert system, placement testing, and student outreach.
- Created and implemented campus-wide University Preparation Grammar Fair, providing positive turn-around and vision to a customarily despised core subject, while improving student buy-in, success, and retention.
- Was voted by students as one of the top 3 teachers at EF in 2014.
SIT-World Graduate Institute January 2013 – May 2017
TESOL Certification – Clinical Assessor
Westchester Community College January 2014 – May 2016
Center for Modern Psychoanalytic Studies January 2012 – December 2016
Psychology and Opera Lecturer
New York Public Libraries January 2012 – December 2014
Composers Voice September 2010 – January 2013
Columbia University, Teachers College September 2008 – May 2012
Adjunct Harp Professor
Marymount Manhattan College September 2001 – May 2008
Opera Lecturer at The Center for Living and Learning
German American School, New York September 2000 – May 2005
New York Board of Education September 1998 – June 2000
Education and Credentials
Masters in Educational Technology, Marlboro College Graduate School for Professional and Graduate Studies, January 2016 – August 2017,
Doctor of Education, Teachers College/Columbia University, New York, 1992
Masters of Education, Teachers College/Columbia University, New York 1989
Graduate Studies in Music, Rice University, Houston, TX, Orchestral and Ensemble Scholarship, 1987-1988
Fulbright Scholarship, University of Houston, Houston, TX. 1985-1986
Diploma in Education and Orchestra Harpist, (Bachelors in Music and Education) Staatliche Hochschule fuer Musik, Karlsruhe, Germany, 1986
TESOL Certificate, SIT Graduate Institute, Rennert International, New York, 2012
Teaching Business English, Rennert International, New York, 2012
Certificate Program, The Center for Modern Psychoanalytic Studies, New York, 2011
Quality Matters Rubric Course, 2016
TKT (Teaching Knowledge Test) Module 1 and 2, 2013
Cambridge English Language Assessment for ESL Teachers, 2014
Conferences and Symposiums
SUNY conference: Internationalization of Higher Education, Policy Issues
Learning and the Brain Seminars
“Third Culture Kids and Their Challenges” Seminar
“Emotions and Education” Symposium, Columbia University
National Arts Educator Conference, “Emerging Perspectives in the Arts”
The International Conference on Cultural Diplomacy at the UN, New York & Washington D.C. “Trends in Global Communication and Education”
Teachers College/Columbia University, “Conversations across Cultures”
STEAM – Building a Better Future for Girls – American Association of University Women
STEM – Science, Technology, and Mathematics in the Classroom
Pax Romana, Holy Sea at United Nations: “Lutheran Values and the Catholic Doctrine – A Paradox?” 2017
“Clean Water for Children”, Keynote speaker, 2017
Positive Peace Event, Pillar Leader, the Institute for Economics and Peace, 2017
NYS TESOL Albany Conference, Presenter, 2014
ESOL Conference, Molloy College, LI – Presenter, 2014
Awards and Professional Memberships
Pax Romana member – aligned with the Holy Sea at the United Nations
“Gift of Life” member
Surgeons of Hope, member
Union Church at Pocantico Hills
Fulbright Alumni Association
Achilles Foundation, Wounded Veterans project volunteer
National Council of Teachers of English
Teachers College/Columbia University Alumni Association
Cornell University Club Member
New York Harp Society
Member of the United Nations Association of the United States of America (UNA-USA),
“Visiting Professor” title in the Arts and Humanities in Medicine at the University of California, Irvine, 2000.
2002 William C. Musham Award for Excellence in Teaching, Marymount Manhattan College, New York, NY
Pro-Active Women of Excellence “Lifetime Achievement Award”, 1998