Dr. Al Ghurbani, Sana’a, Yemen and I were honored to present at the conference “Fulbright at 75: Celebrating a Legacy of Global Friendships.”
“For 75 years, the Fulbright Program has engaged passionate and accomplished students, scholars, artists, teachers, and professionals of all backgrounds. We believe that by living and learning together with people from different countries and cultures we can shape a more positive vision for our communities and our world. A hallmark of the Fulbright Program has been its longstanding commitment to Diversity and Inclusion (D&I). We strive to ensure that Fulbright reflects and values the diversity of U.S. society and societies. Equally important to diversity is inclusion. Fulbright takes steps to ensure that the Program’s diverse participants have successful and rewarding exchange experiences.” US Fulbright Program – Diversity & Inclusion (fulbrightonline.org)
We walked to raise awareness for our Club, enjoy fellowship, raise money for a good cause and do something for our health! Thank you to everybody who joined.
A short explanation of the Creative Commons Licences – and I mean really short!
For more information please go to:
Carbon Monoxide, an odorless deadly gas, can cause illness, permanent health damage, and death. It is formed by the incomplete combustion of fossil fuels such as gas, coal, wood, and oil. Carbon monoxide is absorbed via the lungs into the bloodstream, where it replaces oxygen.
Carbon Monoxide Poisoning First Aid
Persons who are affected by inhalation of carbon monoxide contaminated air must be seen by a physician as soon as possible.
Until the affected person is receiving care from a qualified medical practitioner the following treatment should be administered:
Move the patient to fresh air and loosen clothing
Open all windows
If breathing stopped: Begin CPR at once
Avoid unnecessary exertion
Call 911 or Go to emergency room
Burning Fuels Safely:
Use fire-resistant materials on walls around wood stores.
Never use flammable liquids to start a fire.
Use only seasoned hardwood. Soft, moist wood accelerates creosote residue which sticks to the inner walls of the chimney. Creosote is a fire hazard and can cause a chimney fire.
Never burn cardboard boxes, trash or debris in your fireplace or wood stove
When building a fire, place logs at the rear of the fireplace on an adequate supporting grate
Never leave a fire in the fireplace unattended. Extinguish the fire before going to bed or leaving the house.
Soak hot ashes in water and place them in a metal container outside your house.
Have a Carbon Monoxide alarm in your home.
Proper ventilation is the key.
Always use the right fuel.
Never leave an open fire unattended without a fireguard.
Always use a securely fitted fireguard when children are in the house.
Have your chimney cleaned once a year by a certified chimney sweeper.
If your appliance starts burning slowly, goes out frequently or if you smell or suspect fumes you should:
Open doors and windows.
Carefully put out the fire, or allow it to burn itself out.
Do not stay in the room any longer than necessary.
Do not attempt to relight the appliance until a professional has checked it.
NOTE: Overloading the fireplace with wood in an attempt to get a longer burn time contributes to creosote buildup.
TAKE THE QUIZ: Carbon Monoxide Poisoning and your Saftey
Here the Grammar Point
and a sample Scratch presentation
Scratch Participle Project
Service above self – a presentation why YOU should join Rotary and make a difference in this world.
Cooperation + Collaboration = Transformation
It’s the Rotary way.
View Projects of the New York Rotary Club # 6
Jasmin Bey Cowin, Ed.D.
New York Rotary Foundation Board member 2011-2012
Service Chair 2010-2011
ROTARY CLUB OF NEW YORK
The Host Club of America – Club #6